Student Services Associate
The University of Wisconsin – Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning is seeking a highly motivated and collaborative Student Services Associate to join our growing Student Services department. This role will be primarily supporting Financial Aid and Admissions with the opportunity for exposure and growth in a variety of student service functions.
Working under direction of the Financial Aid Director, the Student Services Associate assesses academic readiness; processes admission and financial aid applications; assists students in understanding requirements for admission and financial aid; and determines student financial aid eligibility. This individual will also work closely with many internal and external units to ensure seamless student transitions from first point of contact through enrollment.
The UW Flexible Option provides nontraditional students with high-quality, competency-based, self-directed learning opportunities, along with the academic and student services needed to help students succeed. The UW Flexible Option offers a portfolio of degrees, certificates, and courses drawn primarily from the existing program array in the UW System. To learn more about the UW Flexible Option Program, visit http://flex.wisconsin.edu/.
SPECIFIC FINANCIAL AID RESPONSIBILITIES
● Advise students and family members regarding financial aid, including but not limited to, eligibility, applying, procedures and information resources.
● Review and correct federal aid applications including verification; comment code, C code and reject code resolution; and professional judgment changes.
● Troubleshoot financial aid processing issues with Department of Education and other customer service centers and systems.
● Develop and maintain knowledge of Department of Education systems and functionality such as COD, NSLDS, FAA Access, etc. as well as other agencies, including the Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board.
SPECIFIC ADMISSIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
● Perform data entry of student information for admission processing purposes. Determine validity, log receipt, and contact high schools, colleges or other entities to resolve questions or inconsistencies on documentation.
● Follow up with prospective students to gather missing information.
● Evaluate and make recommendations on admissibility of applicants, following established protocol of UW System admission requirements, institutional and/or program-specific criteria, policies and practices.
● Determine residency for tuition purposes.
● Coordinate and consult with enrollment advising team and academic success coaches to ensure seamless student transitions from point of first contact through enrollment.
● Bachelors degree
● Minimum one year experience in admissions, registration, financial aid or related
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to match message delivery to audience needs
● Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
● Experience in a higher education setting
● Experience working with adults and non-traditional students
● Familiarity with Student Information Systems or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
● Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment
● Demonstrated ability to work well independently and with teams
● Organizational skills and key attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
1. A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
2. A professional resume.
References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
If you are a current UW Employee, visit your UW Self Service account, under Recruiting select Careers and enter 13406 into the main search field.
Please direct requests for information to:
Erika Bengtson, Human Resources Specialist
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by September 6, 2017.
- School: University of Wisconsin-Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning
- Contact: Erika Bengtson
- Email: Contact Person
- URL: Job Description