WACADA offers several professional development opportunities. Please see below for additional details.
WACADA Fall Conference
The WACADA Conference is offered every fall (September) in various locations throughout the state. The conference is a great opportunity to connect with advising colleagues near and far and learn from each other during interactive and informative conference sessions. Take your development to the next level and submit a proposal to present or lead a session at the next fall conference! While the conference is packed full of learning, there is also plenty of fun - from networking socials to local entertainment, it will be a professional event you won't quickly forget!
WACADA Winter Professional Development Workshop
The winter workshop is offered on one or more campuses across the state as an opportunity to dig deeper into advising topics by reviewing and discussing webinars. The workshop is typically a half-day event and the perfect way to reconnect with WACADA members in the early part of the spring semester (January/February).
WACADA owns several NACADA webinars that may be borrowed by members in good standing. The webinars run 60 to 90 minutes and are available to borrow for a two-week period.
Campus/Regional Representative Program
- Serve as WACADA resource or “point person” for campus/region
- Assist the VP of Membership in informing members about resources, conferences, other happenings, etc.
- Coordinate and promote additional professional development activities for respective campus/region
- Promote membership recruitment of both professional and graduate student members
- Outreach to non-WACADA members
- Should be experienced WACADA members
- Must attend the annual conference
- Stay up-to-date on WACADA news and other topics in student services
- Work collaboratively with VP of Membership to increase the value of WACADA membership
HOW DO WE GET STARTED?
- Determine how the current membership would like to see this program structured
- Develop a working description for the role, including requirements and responsibilities
- Identify possible representatives from campuses across the state
TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN, WE'LL NEED YOUR HELP!
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to increase your involvement in WACADA, please touch base with Kelsey Koop, VP of Membership, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.