Title: Student Resource Specialist
Institution: University of Wisconsin-Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning
Description: POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The University of Wisconsin-Extension, division of Continuing Education, Outreach and E-Learning (CEOEL) is currently seeking a Student Resource Specialist to join our growing Student Affairs team. The Student Resource Specialist provides direct support to the Academic Success Coaches (ASC) and the Flexible Option students through proactive outreach over phone and email, and reporting through all stages of the student life cycle. The Student Resource Specialist serves as first-tier support for Flexible Option students and initiates, develops and maintains strong relationships with students to ensure student success. This individual will also work closely with many internal and external units to ensure seamless student transitions from first point of contact through graduation.
The UW Flexible Option provides nontraditional students with high-quality, competency-based, self-paced learning opportunities, along with the academic and student services needed to help students succeed. The UW Flexible Option offers a portfolio of degrees, certificates, and courses drawn primarily from the existing program array in the UW System. To learn more about the UW Flexible Option Program, visit http://flex.wisconsin.edu/.
• Conduct proactive outreach efforts through phone and email to “at risk” Flex students
• Serve as first tier support and guidance to Flex students on understanding and navigating systems, policies and procedures
• Provide referrals and support students to access additional resources or program services as needed
• Manage and track Flex program email inbox and phone system; route or escalate messages accordingly
• Collaboratively strategize on interventions around student behavior, attendance, attitude, or performance concerns that negatively impact Flex students’ progress
• Maintain accurate case files, case notes and database records for all applicants and active students
• Follow proper paperwork and record keeping processes and adhere to all deadlines
• Perform daily data entry in the customer relationship management system (CRM) and Student Engagement System (SES) to track dual enrollment, incomplete grades and academic plans of study
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree
• 1-year of professional work experience in customer service, student services, recruitment, administrative services, or comparable field.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to match message delivery to audience needs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work accurately
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, and being able to communicate to stakeholders
• Ability to manage multiple tasks independently in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability working as a part of a collaborative team
• Proficiency in using an array of technology tools including Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in higher education in student services/outreach, academic advising, registration, recruitment, or similar area.
• Demonstrated experience working with adults and non-traditional students
• Experience with Student Engagement Systems (such as PeopleSoft), and Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems.
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application will include the following:
1. A letter of interest addressing applicant qualifications and experience as they relate to the responsibilities of the position.
2. A professional resume.
3. References will be requested if selected as a finalist. References must include names, email, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references including at least one current or past supervisor.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION
For assured consideration, complete applications must be submitted by August 15, 2018.
Contact Name: Erika Bengtson
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org