|Official Title:||Academic Advisor|
|Business Title:||Advisor & Recruiter|
|Employment Class:||Non-instructional Academic Staff|
|FTE:||1.0 (two positions)|
|Compensation:||$42,000 – $48,000|
|Terms of Employment:||12-Month, Annual, Fixed-Term Renewable|
|Position Summary:||Engages students in decision making processes and promotes appropriate and responsible choices on academic matters such as course selection and degree requirements. Maintains appropriate confidentiality, updates student advising records, and contributes to the development and delivery of academic advising related events and programs. Works to ensure students receive accurate, timely, and holistic advising services in support of promoting student success, retention, and program completion. Strives to create a welcoming, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
UW Oshkosh provides a competitive benefits package for all benefit-eligible positions. Click here for more details.
|Responsibilities||• Receives, processes, and responds to academic inquiries according to established policies and procedures.
• Serves as a main point of contact for students and provides information about educational options and academic requirements; assists with identifying and assessing interests, skills, and values to match appropriate field of study/career options, and refers students to appropriate institutional resources.
• Maintains confidentiality and accurate student records and processes and responds to academic inquiries according to established institutional and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) policies.
• Maintains expertise with advised curriculum and may assist in developing and recommending exceptions for policy and curriculum.
• Proactively engages students as needed.
• Participates in the campus-wide advising community providing input to leadership regarding the development of advising, recruitment, and co/curricular programs offered by the school/college.
• Assists in developing and implementing outreach plan to meet recruitment goals.
• Serves as online degree representative at recruitment events, promoting degree opportunities and helping students explore online degree options.
• Facilitates the application, orientation, and on-boarding process for online students.
• Collaborate with relevant university departments on developing, implementing, and improving administrative processes necessary for successful advising.
|Required:||• Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, communication, or a related field.
• Professional experience in a higher-education setting.
• Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
• A collaborative attitude and evidence of successfully working within a team structure.
• Strong digital skills and the ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies.
• Ability to work well in changing work environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Valid driver’s license or the ability to obtain one and a willingness to travel to university recruitment events.
|Preferred:||• Master’s degree in education, counseling, communication, or a related field.
• Prior experience in advising and/or recruiting non-traditional students.
• Advising experience with students in online programs.
• Demonstrated success providing student services effectively in an online or remote format.
• Knowledge of student development theory.
|To Apply:||Applicants must submit the following documents using the online application:
Cover letter, resume, advising philosophy statement, and contact information for 3 references
For questions regarding your application and additional options to apply, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-424-1166.