Call for Program Proposals
The Wisconsin Academic Advising Association Annual Conference
Making Superior Connections: Creating a Culture of Care
September 24, 2020, Virtual Conference hosted by UW-Superior
Who Should Submit a Program Proposal?
We earnestly encourage novice as well as experienced presenters. Advisors, administrators, faculty, counselors, career development specialists, researchers, graduate students—we want to hear from you!
Program Proposal Criteria
Submissions should include:
- Program Proposal Cover page
- Presentation Description ~ 500 words or less (word, pdf, or powerpoint)
- Presentation Summary ~ 130 words or less, to be printed in the conference program (word or pdf)
Concurrent sessions cover current issues in academic advising. Some are based on research, some on individual program results, some are developmental, and others are theoretical. The presentation format may be mostly lecture with questions and discussion following, or a discussion session which is more informal.
Proposals and abstracts will be reviewed by the WACADA Executive Board members, using these criteria:
- Clearly stated purpose and objectives
- Timeliness of the subject matter
- Creativity in an approach to a situation or in ways to manage it
- Adaptability of ideas to a variety of institutional settings
The “Best of WACADA” Award will be given to the presenter(s) with the highest scores on the evaluation forms. $250 total will be awarded the winner(s) to put toward the cost of attending the NACADA Region 5 Conference. Winner(s) will present the winning program at the NACADA Region 5 Conference in 2021.
Important Dates to Remember
The deadline is Friday, July 3, 2020. The Board will review and finalize selections the following week. Early submissions are appreciated and will be given advance consideration.
Tips to Remember
- Due to budgetary considerations, it is not possible to offer either an honorarium or a waiver of registration fees to presenters.
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference and pay the appropriate fee. Register online at www.wacada.org
Please attach all documents and submit this cover page form by Friday, July 3, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Jon Dyess, conference proposals lead for the 2020 WACADA conference, at email@example.com. Program proposals will be reviewed by the planning committee. Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of clarity, timeliness, creativity, and adaptability of ideas to a variety of settings. You will be contacted by the site planning committee regarding acceptance of your proposal.