The University of Wisconsin – La Crosse (UWL) and the Division of Academic Affairs is inviting applicants for the position of University Registrar. As leader of the Office of Records and Registration, a key enrollment service unit, the University Registrar provides strong leadership consistent with the mission and strategic enrollment goals of the institution and provides support in student enrollment and retention. The individual in this position will guide and supervise staff in the planning and delivery of essential curricular and records services.
The University Registrar focuses on enhancing services in response to faculty and student needs, and employs emerging technologies to improve the efficiency, convenience, accuracy, and effectiveness of these services. Responsibilities also include providing direction and leadership for implementation and enforcement of academic policies and procedures in compliance with local, UW System, state, and federal regulations. The University Registrar is part of the leadership team within Academic Affairs and reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
This is a full-time, annual (12 month) position, which includes a State of Wisconsin benefits package with an anticipated start date of June 5, 2017. First review of applications begins February 9, 2017.
Note: Electronic submission of application materials is required. For additional information about this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.uwlax.edu/
Please contact Dr. Robert F. Allen (email@example.com), Search and Screen Chair, if you have a special need/accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process.
• Earned master's degree from an accredited institution.
• Progressively responsible experience in a Registrar or Student Records office, or related experience in higher education.
• Experience working with relational and transactional databases (Student Information Systems) such as PeopleSoft, SunGard, Banner, Jenzabar, or Datatel
• Record of personnel supervision and management experience
• Knowledge of FERPA regulations as related to student records
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
• Demonstrated experience creating and supporting strong work teams
• Demonstrated ability to deliver student centered services
• Knowledge of the administration and maintenance of the PeopleSoft SIS
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated experience integrating new technology into office procedures and processes
• Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to use query tools to retrieve information from a complex database
• Project management experience
This position includes the following responsibilities:
Visionary Leadership and Strategic Planning
• Direct and lead all administrative and operational functions of the Office of Records and Registration (the office).
• Develop and implement short and long term strategies for achieving the goals of the office to align with the division and the University.
• Collaborate with University personnel to advise on and implement University policies and procedures that support an environment conducive to student success.
• Ensure the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic and demographic records; serve as the official authorized custodian of student records.
• Serve as a consultant on University curriculum and program planning committees.
• Enforce institutional and legal policy standards and regulations.
• Coordinate new and emerging initiatives related to the core functions of the office with relevant stakeholders internal and external to the institution.
Oversee Curricular & Faculty Services Functions
• Coordinate the Records Office Curriculum and Scheduling team activities and planning.
• Assist University personnel with curriculum development and change.
• Coordinate University curriculum review activities.
• Facilitate an effective student registration process; monitor University academic calendars; oversee the creation and maintenance process of academic degree audits; ensure accurate and timely creation and delivery of the University catalog; create and update University timetables.
Oversee Records & Student Services Functions
• Monitor transactional activities conducted in the office to ensure appropriate academic record information is collected and accurately recorded.
• Oversee transcript and record production, enrollment and degree verifications, student course withdrawal, posting of degrees to student academic records, and the re-entry admission process.
• Collaborate with academic units in developing, implementing and enforcing academic policy; ensure approved policies can be systemically supported by existing human, fiscal and technological resources.
• Make recommendations to alleviate conflicting or confusing discrepancies of academic and institutional policy in consultation with University constituents.
• Ensure the University is adhering to athletic eligibility policies and procedures and federal Veteran Educational Benefits policies and procedures.
Coordinate Software Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation
• Ensure office software systems operate effectively and efficiently.
• Analyze technical capabilities of automated systems and current business practices to maximize efficiency.
• Research, monitor, and implement software technologies to enhance student/faculty academic transactions.
• Manage student records on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions
Provide Personnel Supervision and Budgetary Oversight
• Determine, secure, and allocate human, financial, and other resources.
• Monitor and approve budgetary expenditures and incoming revenue projections to ensure office is adequately funded for standard operational functions.
• Supervise staff and provide guidance and leadership to develop and support high functioning teams within the office.
• Ensure UW System, state, federal, or best practice recommendations are followed by the staff to ensure academic record integrity is preserved.
• Provide expertise related to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and ensure institutional compliance with FERPA in relation to academic records.
We at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse believe students, faculty, and staff all are enriched by our exposure to differing ideas, opinions and cultures. We strive to be a leader in Wisconsin's movement toward increased diversity and inclusiveness. We believe that employees from diverse backgrounds are critical to achieving excellence as a nationally recognized institution of higher education.
- School: University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Contact: Robert F. Allen
- Email: Contact Person
- URL: Job Description
Other Jobs You Might Like
- Academic Advisor
- Academic Advisor
- Academic Advisor and Coach
- Director, Academic Advising and Exploration Center
- Associate Director for Academic Advising
- Academic Skills Specialist
- Advising Coordinator
- Academic Advisor with the Student Support Services program
- University Registrar
- Academic Advisor
- Director, Academic and Career Advising Center
- Transfer Credit Processing Specialist
- Career Counselor
- Academic and Career Advisor
- Associate Outreach Specialist
- Academic Services Analyst (Administrative Support Assistant)
- Academic and Career Advisor
- Curriculum Management System Functional Administrator (Associate or No-Prefix Administrative Specialist)