- Grant opportunities
- Professional awards program
- Student scholarships
- Networking and sharing of professional resources
- Opportunities for professional development and leadership
- Conference mailings
- Voter participation privileges
- Inclusion in the annual WACADA membership directory
- Affiliation with a professional state organization
- Affiliation with a professional national organization (NACADA)
- Updates on organizational activities
Members of WACADA include academic advisors, faculty, administrators, students, and others in academic and student services concerned with the intellectual, personal, and vocational/career needs of students.
Membership is good for a one-year term and runs from July 1 to June 30 each year.
Eligible individuals become members in good standing upon payment of annual membership dues. Interested individuals can become a WACADA member by:
- registering for the annual fall conference at a cost of $70.00* (academic advisors, administrators, and faculty) or $30.00* (retirees and students), which includes the membership fee, OR
- registering for membership only for a cost of $15.00 (academic advisors, administrators, and faculty) or $8.00 (retirees and students) without attending the conference. Membership demonstrates your personal support of the statewide efforts to strengthen the profession of academic advising.
NOTE: Annual conference registration begins on June 1, and registration for the conference with membership will be applied to the following membership year if completed June 1 or after.
Please make checks payable to "WACADA" and send all membership and/or conference fees to the WACADA treasurer:
St. Norbert College
100 Grant Street
De Pere, WI 54115
You also have the option of paying your conference and/or membership fee through PayPal (must log in to do so) or over the phone with a credit card by calling Jeff Ritter at 920-403-3234.
*NOTE: Rates are subject to change based on conference fee